Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2

Monday, July 2, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

After a busy weekend it is time to get back on track with Menu Plan Monday. Last week it was nice to have everything already planned out. I wasn't wondering what was for dinner. Hopefully, this week will work out the same but it is kind of crazy with the 4th being in the middle of the week.

Monday- Baked ziti with sausage,peppers, and onions
Tuesday- Grilled pork chops
Wednesday- I'm sure we will grill out again, maybe ribs or hamburgers
Thursday- One-Dish Chicken Supper(crock pot recipe from the Fix-It and Forget-it Cookbook)
Friday- Pizza
Saturday- Eat out
Sunday- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots(I love making Sunday dinner)

I want to try to eat in a healthier way. I don't want to call it a diet because I want to make a change in my eating habits that will last a lifetime. Some of the above might not seem healthy but if I use ww pasta and 2% cheese in the ziti that is a little healthier. The grilled stuff isn't too bad. Thursday and Friday may not be too healthy but I also I think it is about portion control too and making better choices. Check out Laura's site for more great meal plans and recipes.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I like ww pasta too. At first I thought it was too wheaty, but now I prefer it and feel good knowing I'm not eating pure starch.
Your menu looks delicious!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

Anonymous said...

yum--I love your menu plan this week. Very healthy. Have a great week!

Laura said...

Looks awesome to me!! You asked about my kids...for the most part they eat what we do. I like things spicy though so I usually have to tone it down for them :)

Have a great week!
Laura