Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Some Random Things on a Saturday Morning

  • This week I went to a conference about all day Kindergarten. It was funny because I felt like the presenters were trying to sell the idea of all day Kindergarten to the audience. I don't know about anyone else but I want ADK at my school otherwise I wouldn't be at a conference about it on my summer vacation. I have wanted it for five years. After sitting there all day I find out that the cash to fund this might not be there after all. That is kind of like showing me a big bowl of ice cream and then taking it away. Mean very mean. Oh well, I got a doughnut, lunch, and a Coke(all free) out of the day.
  • We went swimming on Thursday at a local state park. we had never been there before, it was very nice. the Do was very excited at first to be playing in the kiddie pool and then he got splashed in the face. This pretty much did him in and he wouldn't leave my side or get in at all. He end up falling asleep in his daddy's lap(not in the pool silly) which might have been the problem since the water activities were in the middle of nap time.
  • See loved the pool. I think he must be part fish. He and his dad went down the water slide four times together. This could be a problem the next time if it is just me and the Monkeys that go there. Maybe See would go down by himself. We were all worn out at the end of the day and I got a sunburn but it was a fun time.
  • I started out this week on a diet. I got some new digital scales, point friendly food, and I was ready to go. Then I ate big bowls of frozen yogurt(at least it wasn't real ice cream) two nights in a row, I had a doughnut, I ate almost an entire bag of chips with my family at the park, and we had Papa John's pizza last night. Do I have any self control apparently not. Well, I will have to elaborate on this later because apparently the Daddy is having a nervous break down serving the monkeys breakfast....Okay I am back several hours later. Anyway, this diet thing, I am sucking at it. Maybe I should start exercising then start the diet. I have considered joining this challenge at Tales from the Scales but that would make have to be accountable or something. I guess that is what I need or maybe I just need more doughnuts.
  • My mom came over and watched the Monkeys while I went to the dentist. She let them throw pillows and stuffed animals at her and each other for entertainment. I can't ever imagine my mom ever letting me throw pillows or stuffed animals at her when I was growing up. I guess that is what being a grandparent is about---I guess.
  • Well we are going to watch Monster House. I hope it isn't too scary for the Monkeys or me for that matter!
Have a terrific Saturday night, catch ya later!

No comments: