Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Long One About Me and My Weight

I never wanted to be "One of those" girls who are obsessed with food and what they are eating. You know the girls who blot grease off their pizza(if they eat pizza at all) or they can tell you how much fat and calories are in any random piece of food. I just don't want to be that way but.....


last November I joined Weight Watchers. I have been fairly successful at it, losing 25 pounds and going down several clothing sizes. I have made their high end goal weight(even though it is their goal MY goal is to lose 10 more pounds) and I am a life time member (meaning I maintained the goal weight for six weeks). If you don't know much about WW here is a little about it:


Flex Plan: Every food has a points value. You are given a set amount of points that you can eat per day with an extra 35 points to use through out the week. You write down everything you eat and subtract the points from your daily amount. This is how I lost my weight, it does work but I feel like I can get a little obssessive about it.


Core: I don't know much about this except that you don't write anything down, you eat a lot healthier foods that are not processed. I thought I would try this but it takes a lot of preparation and planning which I am not good at. Also, since I wasn't keeping track of anything it was a lot easier to cheat.

Anyway, basically for the last few weeks I have done abosulutely nothing as far as journaling my food and exercising. I have been gaining a little here and a little there. What I am saying is that even though I don't want to be "that girl", I think I have to be. I wish I didn't have to be but obviously I don't have a handle on my relationship with food. I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, mad, when I am try to suppress my emotions, or just to be social. I want to have a normal relationship with food and for me that means that I need to be conscious of what I am eating and keep track of the points. It would be really stupid to have paid all of that money and then end up back where I was at last year at this time. So I am stating my goals right here for all to see.


Here goes:


1. Journal my food choices and keep track of my points.

2. Measure my portions.

3. Exercise at least 4 times a week.

4. Drink 6 glasses of water every day.


I guess I am just a girl who wants to be better even if it means being "that girl"who blots her pizza and tell you points for random foods.

July 2007










June 2008

If this isn't motivation, I don't know what is!

No comments: