Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2

Friday, June 6, 2008

Twenty sounds or words that bring me JOY.....

1. Birdsong
2. The coffee maker in the morning.
3. My two boys playing and talking together. It happens sometimes and when it does it is so sweet. Jackson is so patient and kind with Carson and Carson so looks up to his older brother.
4. Laughter- my children's giggles of delight, a person's pure joy over something, these make my heart sing.
5. The ocean, wish I could hear it more.
6. Jackson reading. I love to read and I feel like I have passed this love on to him.
7. A soft rain on a lazy afternoon.
8. The phone ringing and it is Marc saying he is on his way home from work.
9. Marc arriving home and saying "I am home!"
10. "I love you!"
11. Our prayers at dinnertime, Carson always says his own prayer along with whoever is praying. The prayer usually include: "My mommy, my daddy" But last night I am pretty sure I heard the words "Argh, matey", thanking the Lord for pirates, I guess!
12. Wind chimes.
13. Frogs croaking at night. This is a sound that reminds me of summer and my childhood.
14. Carson singing and beat boxing.
15. Chris Tomlin music. Especially the songs Amazing Grace and Your Grace is Enough, both remind me of when Marc and I went to see him in concert which was a fun time and I felt pure joy and freedom in my heart.
16. The whirl of humming bird wings.
17. The purr of a kitten. Too bad I am allergic to cats, we would have one just like that!
18. A waterfall on a sunny day.
19. Conversations between children. I love to hear their innocence, logic, and view on the world! Funny, sweet, and eye opening.
20. Worship time at church or at a concert or in a large crowd. I love to close my eyes, focus on the Lord, and hear the collective body doing the same. AWESOME!

What sounds bring you JOY?

Happy Friday, make it a good one!

No comments: